Warehouse and Workstation Matting
Warehouse and workstation matting, also know as anti-fatigue mats, are a great way to reduce fatigue caused by long periods of standing on hard surfaces. At Commander Warehouse, we understand how tough standing all day can be on your body. That is why we offer a wide range of warehouse and workstation matting that can help you stay focused on the task at hand, rather than being distracted by aching joints.
What is Warehouse and Workstation Matting Used For?
Warehouse and workstation mats are a great way to help alleviate foot and lower limb disorders for workers who stand in one position for long periods of time; however, while warehouse and workstation matting can help with these disorders, it should be kept in mind that they may not solve the entire problem. Warehouse and workstation matting is designed to absorb due shock from walking and to reduce foot fatigue. If you are working in a fast paced environment, you may want to consider investing in anti-slip warehouse and workstation matting for added safety.
Selecting the Right Warehouse and Workstation Matting
Before you go out and purchase warehouse and workstation matting, there are a few things that you should consider in order to make sure that you are choosing the best product for your environment.
- Know the purpose of the mat – choose one that meets your basic needs.
- The thickness of the mat – choose a mat that provides some elasticity, but is not too soft that it is uncomfortable to stand on.
- Know the environment the mat will be used in.
At Commander Warehouse, we have a variety of warehouse and workstation matting that our customers can choose from, including:
- Diamond-Plate – Have a Nitricell® sponge base, a unique and resilient nitrile rubber composite that provides unparalleled comfort and long-term performance. These mats are optimized for worker productivity in heavy-use production and lab areas.
- Ultra-Tred Armorcote – Have a urethane coating for extra durability, and a PVC sponge for longer performance. These mats are ideal for use in mostly dry applications such as labs and other medium traffic areas.
- Standard Corrugated Vinyl – Made from a flexible, durable vinyl compound that easily rolls up after use and is resistant to many chemicals and cleaning fluids. These mats are also great for protecting the floor from foot traffic and adding traction.
- Workrite – Perfect for wet commercial or industrial areas, and feature a lightweight design that eases the strain of cleaning while also keeping employees comfortable.
- Tuf Sponge – Blown-PVC sponge mats designed to reduce floor hardness by up to 50%, and are perfect for work in dry work areas. These warehouse and workstation mats can easily be custom fit to your work areas.
- Deluxe Tuf Sponge – These mats have all the same features as the Tuf Sponge mats, but offer extra thickness and comfort to customers.
If you would like to learn more about warehouse and workstation matting, or if you are interested in one of our other products or services, please contact Commander Warehouse by calling one of our four locations across Western Canada or by filling out a contact form on our website.