How to Choose the Best Hand Truck
Knowing how to choose the best hand truck will help save you time and hassle in the long run. At Commander Warehouse, we know how important it is to choose the best hand truck for your specific requirements. That is why we carry a wide selection of different hand trucks to choose from.
Tips for Choosing the Best Hand Truck
Some simple tips for choosing the best hand truck include:
1. Determine What the Hand Truck will be Used for
Since there are a wide variety of different hand trucks to choose from, knowing what the hand truck will be used for will help narrow down the available options. Make sure to take into consideration whether the hand truck will be used inside or outside and what types of objects it will be used to transport.
2. Determine the Surface the Hand Truck will be Used on
Determining the surface the hand truck will be used on is one of the most important factors to consider. While most hand trucks come with castors that are ideal for most types of surfaces—both rough and smooth—it is important to keep in mind that not all hand trucks perform equally on all kinds of surfaces.
3. Consider the Hand Truck Material
Hand trucks are commonly made from three different materials:
- Steel—This is the most popular material choice for heavy duty and commercial use hand trucks because it is tough and durable.
- Aluminum—This material choice for hand trucks is ideal of moving lighter packages because it is light weight but still very tough and durable.
- High-impact plastic—This material is ideal for hand trucks that will be moving fragile weight because it helps provide impact absorption, while still being light weight and durable.
4. Consider Ergonomics
Make sure to choose a hand truck that has an ergonomic design, especially if it will be used to handle very heavy items on a regular basis. Choosing a hand truck with an ergonomic design will help minimize the risk of workers straining muscles, becoming injured, and suffering from fatigue in the workplace.
If you would like to learn more about how to choose the best hand truck, or if you are interested in one of our hand trucks, please contact Commander Warehouse at one of our four locations across Western Canada or by filling out a contact form on our website.