What to Look for in a Workbench
Knowing what to look for in a workbench will help you make an informed decision about what type of worksurface will best meet your particular needs. At Commander Warehouse, we know that choosing the right workbench can make all the difference in the world. That is why we offer a wide selection of different warehouse equipment, including workbenches.
Type of Workbench
Figuring out which type of workbench will work best for you will depend on your particular needs. Some of the different types of workbenches that you can choose from include:
- Work Centre
- Basic Workbench
- Workbench with Lower Shelf
- Workbench with Lower Shelf and Drawer Unit
- Workbench with Cabinet
- Workbench with Two Cabinets
- Closed Workbench
- Workbench with Cabinet and Upper Self
- Workbench with Cabinet, Upper Shelf, and Electric Panel
- HD Welding Tables
When it comes to choosing the right workbench, height and surface area are extremely important factors. Make sure to measure the space you have available before purchasing a workbench to ensure that the space can easily accommodate the workbench you choose. It is also important to keep in mind that, when it comes to workbenches, bigger is not always better. Make sure to choose a workbench that suits your needs rather than selecting the biggest model available.
Another important factor to take into consideration is how durable a worksurface you will need. Determining what type of tasks will be completed on your new workbench will help you figure out what type of worksurface material you should choose. Some of the different materials that you can choose from are:
- Steel tops—This worksurface tends to be the best option if you are planning on working with solvents or oil, since steel is resistant to solvent spills.
- Plastic laminate tops—This worksurface offers a durable laminate coating for added protection against scratches and stains, making it the ideal option for light assembly work, packaging, and office use.
- Laminated hardwood tops—This type of worksurface is built to withstand substantial weight, marring, heat exposure, and impacts, making it perfect for all-purpose work, including assembly, repair, and maintenance.
Once you have selected the right workbench for your particular needs, consider adding onto the workspace with accessories, such as shelves or cupboards, for extra storage space. If you require more storage, incorporating a larger tool chest or cabinet into your workspace could be extremely beneficial.
If you would like to learn more about what to look for in a workbench, or if you are interested in one of our workbenches, please contact Commander Warehouse at one of our four locations across Western Canada or by filling out a contact form on our website.